ADVANCE, Canada’s Black Music Business Collective, to Launch New Podcast on Sept. 29
Non-profit organization ADVANCE, Canada’s Black Music Business Collective, announced a new podcast series called AMPLIFY. The eight-episode podcast will drop each Thursday, beginning on Sept. 29, 2022, on all streaming platforms. It’ll take a deep dive into the backstories and journey to success for some of the most prominent names of Black professionals in the Canadian entertainment industry. AMPLIFY will be hosted by award-winning artist, writer, actress, radio host, and media personality, Jemeni,
The interview-based series, shot and produced entirely by a Black team, will feature six English episodes of candid, never-before-seen interviews from:
• Multifaceted DJ and entertainer whose amassed millions of streams, 4KORNERS (Toronto Raptors Official DJ/Recording Artist/Content Creator)
• Featured in the book Canada 150 Women – Conversations with Leaders, Champions, and Luminaries, Ebonnie Rowe (Producer/Founder, Honey Jam Artist Development Program. Executive Director, PhemPhat Entertainment Group)
• Manager for the ever-growing talented roster of electronic/dance artists/producers (Cyril Hahn, Adam K), Hip-Hop/R&B producers (Multi-platinum, Grammy and Juno nominated Producer Jordon Manswell), and artists (Juno nominated singer and songwriter Dylan Sinclair), Jermayne Clayton (President, Management Division Awesome Productions & Management Inc.)
• First Black publicist at Sony Music Canada, Jamelia Campbell (Publicist, ADVANCE)
• Host of Citytv's Bachelor in Paradise Canada and Guest Co-Host of ET Canada, Jesse Jones (Media Personality, Connector, Marketing Entrepreneur – Jones & Jones Group)
• All-female DJ boutique agency co-founder, DJ Lissa Monet (6x Stylus DJ Award Winner, Co-Founder, LUXELIFE SOUND. Founder, THAT SLOW JAM PARTY)
• Publicist for 2022 Canada’s Walk of Fame inductee, Deborah Cox, Randy Phipps (Founder & Principal, RP COMMUNICATIONS)
Two episodes will feature French professionals, Malick Touré (Co-Founder and General Manager Ausgang Plaza) and Barbara Laurenstin (researcher and columnist at Radio - Canada, ICI Musique, and ICI Première) chronicling their musical journeys in Quebec.
When asked what impact she hopes AMPLIFY has, Jemeni says, “I’m hoping this podcast is able to uplift, inspire, empower and encourage its audience to pursue their goals, to know their greatness, to celebrate those already doing it and encourage them to take up space, because it is theirs to take.”
Formatted with the idea of “virtual mentorship,” this diverse cast of professionals will demystify the industry, making it accessible to all.
AMPLIFY is co-produced by QCULTR, (pronounced culture), a Montreal-based media platform that promotes Francophone urban culture and its artisans and Tera Beljo (producer) and presented by Ontario Creates.
For more information on ADVANCE, go to www.advancemusic.org.